Friday, July 31, 2009
1. Salad for Breakfast won our Dragon's Blood bar. We are going to send her our newly designed Dragon's blood bar free.
2. Audrey won our Clean Cotton Bar.
3. cdziuba won our Fresh Water Bar also known as "Clean."
Winners please contact me with your addresses through my etsy shop.
Thanks to all who participated and please keep us book marked as we will be having another giveaway for the month of August.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
My husband and I love sushi, but the problem is, I could be a vegetarian real easy. I can't stand raw fish, meat or poultry...to handle that is. So when I ended up trying sushi (raw) for the first time and loving it, I knew I had a problem. Who can afford to go out to eat once a week, let alone once a month and further, who can afford sushi? O.k. so I have just informed you that I am not rich, but at least you will see from below that I can still appreciate the finer things in life.
1 cup uncooked rice. Cook and set aside.
cup of water
cucumber, cut in 3-4 inch slices
cold smoked salmon
cream chesse sliced into 1/4 inch thick lengths. You want them long and 1/4 inch thick.
lemon sliced paper thin
1. Lay 1 sheet of nori flat and spoon about 2-4 TBS of rice onto the sheet. Wet your spoon in the water and smooth the rice onto the nori, gently pressing down and bringing it to the edges. You want to cover about half the sheet of nori leaving a small gap at the top (the side near you).
2. Put a slice of avocado (you may need two) and make sure it covers the length of the nori. You want to repeat this action with the salmon, cucumber and cream cheese.
3. Roll. Gently start rolling by pulling the gap end over the ingredients to meet the nori at the edge of the rice. Wet the nori at the opposite end of the gap and continue rolling until the uncovered nori is completely stuck to the rest of the roll...Am I making any sense?
4. Cover with slices of lemon.
5. Slice into 6 rounds using a sharp knife. Make sure to wet the knife as it will glide through the nori better. Also make sure to cut away from yourself.
6. dip in wasabi and soy and eat.