Our handmade soap has been enjoyed in these countries: U.S., Canada, Australia, Japan, Norway, Netherlands, Russia, Finland, France & Lebanon

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Consistency is Hard

Why is it so hard to be consistent? O.k. Those of you that have it down are thinking, "Um, its not, you just decide to be consistent and then be consistent." That reminds me of a scene in the movie Say Anything when Joan and John Cusack are debating how hard it is to be in a good mood. "How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and then just be in a good mood?" he asks (something like that). She follows with an annoyed, "Its easy." Really? Is it easy to do something we loathe, but know is good? I think for those that say its easy are just better at faking it. So what am I struggling with? Better yet, what am I not struggling with? O.k. o.k. life is actually pretty awesome right now, except for a couple people missing from it, I can't complain, but struggling...Yes. Exercise. Why I can't stand this healthful activity that always makes me feel better is a mystery. Maybe its my long history of being a klutz or maybe its the time I went for a jog as a teenager only to wake up on the side of the road with a mouthful of dirt because I forgot to eat before I started on an epic jog without any prior running experience. Run on sentence. Did you follow that? So exercise is currently a bit of a thorn in my side, but I know its good for me so I'm gonna do it. If anyone has any tips on finding the motivation...What? Hang on, someone's trying to tell me something...Oh you mean I already exercised today when I went on that four mile bike ride with the family? Does that justify donuts tomorrow with a friend? No? So you mean I have to exercise every day for it to really benefit me? What about the donuts?

2 comments: